PDA

View Full Version : Trail "Grooming" in the Triangle

upchuck
December 24th, 2010, 02:30 PM
I just spoke with a 2tracker, I forget his name(brown 4dr Ruby) and he said most, if not all of the two tracks are getting transformed into gravelled fire roads basically?
Is this some sort of nationwide thing to get "total access" to the woods for lowriders?
I swear civilization ruins all it touches

Trail_Fanatic
December 24th, 2010, 05:01 PM
I believe you are correct (on all counts).
We're seeing the same thing down in the Cedar Creek Motorsports Area in Muskegon county too.
Anything on the MVUM is getting bladed and graveled and anything not on the MVUM is getting obstructed.
It looks like the two track road will be a thing of the past on NFS lands, at least on the Manistee NF.

upchuck
December 24th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Forward to the future, a sign everywhere like in city parks-No Fun of Any Kind

Trail_Fanatic
December 24th, 2010, 10:30 PM
Yep, unless you're on a designated 4x4 trails system or ORV Route.
The trick is to get 4x4 or ORV Routes designated on the National Forests.

gnjeepn
December 25th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Chuck that was me that you talked to yesterday. What we have been seeing is very discouraging to say the least. But we can't give up the fight.
Oh and our Rubi isn't brown. It was just dirty. :lmao:

upchuck
December 25th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Belmont? That's my benchmark on travel, as in I made it past Belmont!
Never thought I'd say the Tin Cup is the best out there

jeepguy74
November 23rd, 2011, 02:50 AM
it just blows my mind that all the money that they are spending on this and yet they keep cutting jobs closing rustic campgrounds and so on...
man we have some real smart leaders in this state

StingRay66
November 23rd, 2011, 02:27 PM
Well I would bet Federal money is behind it. They will spend a few hundred K now and get money for years to come and never touch the roads again....just my 2 cents!

Rocky
December 5th, 2011, 09:35 AM
it just blows my mind that all the money that they are spending on this and yet they keep cutting jobs closing rustic campgrounds and so on...
man we have some real smart leaders in this state

You haven;t seen anything yet. Wait till the 30.00 - 35.00 ORV Sticker hits the legislature real soon.Very little accountability on behalf of the DNR on how they spend our ORV dollars.

About 1/3 of every ORV sticker fee is used for the law enforcement portion of our ORV sticker fee's.

That's alot of money [ about 2.5 million bucks a year ] just to patrol our sport IMO.

Just sign a blank check and hope for the best.