PDA

View Full Version : NV3550 question

cuinrearview
April 11th, 2004, 08:25 PM
I have a TJ with a NV manual, and I am about to change the oil. My question is, where are the drain and fill plugs on this transmission? I think that I can figure it out, but I thought someone may have done it and can tell me specifically before I crawl under there. TIA

lgottler
April 11th, 2004, 08:56 PM
If I can remember correctly....there is a giant allen set screw in the bottom and/or side of the trans....I picked up a set of 1/2" drive allen sockets and went to work...

Just one under to drain and one on the drivers side to fill.

Good luck

Lucas

brewmenn
April 13th, 2004, 05:26 PM
Yep, the fill plug is on the drivers side and the drain plug is centered on the bottom.

They both use have an internal hex (think giant allen wrench), I believe it is a 17mm. I made my own tool. The head on a 10mm bolt fit the plug prefectly and I ground the threaded portion of the bolt down so it would fit into a regular socket.

kanata7
April 14th, 2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by brewmenn@Apr 13 2004, 01:26 PM
Yep, the fill plug is on the drivers side and the drain plug is centered on the bottom.

They both use have an internal hex (think giant allen wrench), I believe it is a 17mm. I made my own tool. The head on a 10mm bolt fit the plug prefectly and I ground the threaded portion of the bolt down so it would fit into a regular socket.
That's a lot of work just for a socket :lol: ...nice job!! B)