PDA

View Full Version : Dune cleanup / Aprils meeting / ride

Creative Fab
January 25th, 2006, 02:34 PM
I am going to organize an early morning dune cleanup on Sat. morning of our ride and meeting weekend.

I will get with Pete Lundborg and get some garbage bags and let him know what we are doing. I have helped do this with the Mid Michigan Fourwheelers on fathers day weekends for a couple of years. It is a good way to get some great PR and feel good about your efforts when your done!

I have also been out on the dunes before they open in the spring and you wouldnt believe the stuff laying on top of the sand. One of the park rangers has actually filled a small tool box with several hand tools he has found.

So with all the good stuff you can remove from the dunes there will be without a doubt a whole lot of junk, I would like to see us help in the removal of it.

I will be in the parking lot between 9:30-10:00 am to meet with anyone wanting to help, if you do not get that early of a start you should be able to find us roaming around and grab a couple of trash bags from us. I generally just drive around like I normally do but instead of passing up a piece of junk I stop and pick it up. Then when I leave the dunes I drop it in the dumpster on my way out.

So who's in?

Jarhead
January 25th, 2006, 02:39 PM
Count me in.

WhiteRhino
January 25th, 2006, 02:45 PM
Yeah baby!!! :bigemo_harabe_net-64:

blacksheep
January 25th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Early, but still a great idea. :sleep: Count me in!

Roadhouse
January 25th, 2006, 06:26 PM
I really hope the be there for the meeting and all, so count me in..........

DDS4X4
January 25th, 2006, 09:29 PM
We're in, should have 2 jeeps. We are staying at the motel Friday night.

Zookeeper
January 26th, 2006, 06:43 PM
We're staying on Friday night as well, so I should be able to do a 9:30 run for clean up. :bigemo_harabe_net-120:

joe_jeep
January 28th, 2006, 02:21 AM
my wife and i are planning to be there friday night, i work nights so early am is tough for me but i sure we can swing a helping hand for a good cause like that. a friend of mine might come up with us hes thinking about joining glfwda hes got a 78 bronco with 33's locked in rear and a winch. we wheel together alot at the mounds and oscoda mio area. is anyone gonna mind if he attends the meeting to see what were all about??

Jarhead
January 28th, 2006, 12:20 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(joe_jeep &#064; Jan 28 2006, 02&#58;21 AM) 9110</div>

...a friend of mine might come up with us hes thinking about joining glfwda hes got a 78 bronco with 33&#39;s locked in rear and a winch. we wheel together alot at the mounds and oscoda mio area. is anyone gonna mind if he attends the meeting to see what were all about??
[/b]

ABSOLUTELY, bring him along&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; That&#39;s part of what we are all about now. Bring any interested party, friend, foe, realtive - it doesn&#39;t matter. Wheel a little and check us out&#33;

:bigemo_harabe_net-64:

PeteC
January 28th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Awfully early. If Roadhouse makes it, then Saturday morning might be a little rough, he is a bad influence.

One way or the other we should be up for this too.

Creative Fab
January 28th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Pete, you get there when you get there&#33; Just glad to have ya

And Joe Jeep, it will be good to meet you and your friend.

Nobody has to feel obligated to show up in the parking lot that early, just find us out on the dunes :bigemo_harabe_net-64:

Creative Fab
March 29th, 2006, 08:46 PM
We are still planning on doing this cleanup as we drive around and enjoy the dunes. See you there&#33;