View Full Version : Greeting!

November 7th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Hi All!

I'm new to Jeeps, always wanted one and recently picked up a sweet XJ. I live in Grand Rapids and found this uber cool Sport with a 4.5" lift, 31's, rack, lights, clean as an arrow... - no rust! It needed some real clean-up but is well worth the work. I'm basically the second owner.

Where's the good spots to wheel on the west side of the state?

How are you all doing?

Mike :thumb:


November 7th, 2010, 11:22 PM
SWEET ride :thumb::thumb: What year?

I'll let someone more local to you respond regarding trail ride opportunities, but you are in the right spot here.

WELCOME :wave:

November 7th, 2010, 11:27 PM
It's a 98. 150k on the clock, but basically a one owner vehicle. The body looks like it came from California - as I said, had to do some solid maintenance on it, but it's a great rig that was done right. It's got a real lift kit, great tires, a nice rack and the real deal lights. Now, I just need to find out how to wire up the lights the right way (weatherproof connections - so I can remove them and the rack if I want...)

Looking forward to meeting you someday.


November 8th, 2010, 12:10 AM
Welcome! I've always loved XJs. Yours is very nice. Lots if great wheeling over there. TrailFanatic will likely chime in and give you the info you're looking for.

November 8th, 2010, 12:18 AM
Thanks Oz! I'm really looking forward to learning more about this side of the state :thumb:

it's a work in progress. More Pictures --->here (http://gallery.mac.com/mtrus#101434)

joe & jeep
November 8th, 2010, 04:55 AM
Hi and welcome

November 8th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Welcome I have found that one of the best ways to find legal places to wheel is to hook up with a reputable local club. One of the largest and most active clubs is The Two Trackers. Look them up or check out the other local clubs.

Renegade II
November 8th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Hello & welcome.

November 8th, 2010, 10:36 AM

November 8th, 2010, 11:11 AM
I would agree with gnjeepn. Two Trackers (www.twotrackers.com or www.twotrackers.org) are a great group.

If you want to go out on your own (not recommended for safety reasons) you'll want to get a Motor Vehicle Use Map from the National Forest Service. The Baldwin Ranger District is the closest to us (I'm in Muskegon County). Just call the Baldwin Office and ask them to send you a copy (free). The number is: (231) 745-4631.

If the trails is on the map, it's legal to drive, if it is NOT on the map, it is NOT legal to drive.


November 8th, 2010, 11:38 AM
:wave:Hello Mike, Welcome Aboard!