PDA

View Full Version : It's Official! GLFWDA Now Holds a Position on the MSTAC ORV Advisory Workgroup!

Trail_Fanatic
October 28th, 2010, 08:08 PM
We received our official confirmation letter from the DNRE today.

GLFWDA has been named as a member of the Michigan Snowmobile and Trails Advisory Council's (MSTAC) ORV Advisory Work-group (ORVAW). The ORVAW will handle the day to day operational items in much the same way the former ORV Advisory Board did. The only difference is that they will report to the MSTAC instead of directly to the DNRE. MSTAC will have a work-group dedicated to each trail discipline; ORVs, Equestrian, Snowmobile, and Non-Motorized (Hiking and Biking).

Gaining a position in this capacity is something GLFWDA has been attempting to do for a long time.

Congratulations GLFWDA!

WhiteRhino
October 28th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Good job Pat!!!!

phittie1100
October 29th, 2010, 07:42 AM
:woot: :woot: :woot:

sumpter1
October 29th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Great job Pat!!!

Jarhead
October 29th, 2010, 11:53 AM
:woot: :woot: :woot:

X2

DDS4X4
October 29th, 2010, 06:56 PM
X 500 !!!!

mi_mother_nature
November 1st, 2010, 05:59 PM
Thats very good news Pat!!!!!

Rocky
November 2nd, 2010, 06:33 AM
Congrads on the appointment. Its cool that full size guys finally get some recognization too. Dunn is a dirt bike operator so the dirt bike guys are represented too.Who's taking care of the ATVers? [sure hope its not Ranney ]

Who appoints this advisory board?

Trail_Fanatic
November 3rd, 2010, 12:50 AM
DNRE appoints.

Rocky
November 3rd, 2010, 09:31 AM
DNRE appoints.

Hopefully a few laws would change to allow user groups to appoint who they want to represent them, not the DNRE.

Trail_Fanatic
November 3rd, 2010, 04:54 PM
Agree!

Now that we will have a Republican Governor there is hope for next year when he takes Office. Not that Engler was good to us, but it has to be better than Granholm! :banghead:

Renegade II
November 3rd, 2010, 07:11 PM
My biggest worry now is who is going to replace Humphries? Sometimes fear of the unknown is more justified than fear of the known. If Mr outdoor friendly, bike riding, Rick picks some envrio guilt laiden, Prius driving, tree hugger, we're all screwed!

Trail_Fanatic
November 3rd, 2010, 09:26 PM
That's could be true.
Humfries already retired, so he'll have to pick someone.
The names I've heard tossed around sounded like good ones though, IF they get it.
We'll have to wait and see.

Renegade II
November 3rd, 2010, 10:55 PM
Put in a good word for me, I'll fill the spot :thumb:

Jarhead
November 5th, 2010, 05:09 PM
DNRE director leaves government for Ducks Unlimited
By Eartha Jane Melzer 11/2/10 4:05 PM Michigan Department of Natural Resources and Environment Director Rebecca Humphries announced yesterday that she is resigning from her position in state government to work as director of the Great Lakes/Atlantic Regional Office of Ducks Unlimited in Ann Arbor.

“This opportunity will allow me to continue my career in conservation,” Humphries told DNRE staff yesterday in a letter announcing her move.

Humphries has worked for the Michigan Dept. of Natural Resources for 32 years, and was tapped by the governor in January to lead the controversial reorganization and downsizing of the state Natural Resources and Environment departments.

Michigan Environmental Council (MEC), praised Humphries as a capable and fair leader who helped steady the agency during a time of administrative upheaval and budget crises.

“Director Humphries has been a reliable and steadfast voice for conservation and environmental protection,” MEC President Chris Kolb said in statement. “She was a pragmatic leader who never let politics or paperwork get in the way of her commitment to Michigan’s people and their natural resources.”

Humphries said that she will remain on the job until January to plan for smooth transition with the new administration.