PDA

View Full Version : SnoFari 2011 SoFficial Thread

Kixx007
October 25th, 2010, 11:17 AM
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm62/SweetLeah628/2011flyer.jpg?t=1286559729

For those who cannot see pictures the date is January 28th, 29th and 30th of 2011

Please stay tuned to this post for more information.

Replying to this thread will not reserve you a spot, you MUST send in a registration form on or after November 1st

If you have never heard of SnoFari before, here is some information;

SnoFari is a family oriented Winter trail-ride that takes place on state land in and around the West Branch, Mi area. It is open to all makes and models of licensed four-wheel drive vehicles. We host a banquet dinner on Saturday night and give away TONS of awesome prizes during the raffle. The event is sanctioned by the Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association and sponsored by Great Lakes 4X4.

I have attached the 2011 Registration form, Please remember that these MUST be mailed in AFTER November 1st. We will not accept any registrations postmarked prior to November 1st. The only way to reserve a spot is by MAILING your registration form to the address listed on the form. Trail Guides (including Tail Guns) and Sponsors do not need to submit this registration form, please contact me for registration.

Renegade II
October 25th, 2010, 08:35 PM
:thumb:

timmy_69
November 1st, 2010, 09:29 PM
I will be there.

hemrides
November 3rd, 2010, 08:11 PM
What do the T-Shirt and Sweatshirts look like??

Kixx007
November 8th, 2010, 10:26 AM
I corrected some things on the registration form. The phone number for the hotel was wrong. And the shirt choice was typed wrong. They are Olive Drab/White writing, and Pink/White writing.

lpm606
December 15th, 2010, 04:57 PM
I Sent registration form and a Check on November 6th. I have not heard anything back and my check has yet to clear. Will we be getting contacted?

lgottler
December 17th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Edit: After looking at it again, printed, I figured it was per adult.

I was thinking of taking my boss up for the weekend, but one question: is it $55 PER adult or just $55 and as many adults you can fit in the truck?

And is there space?

Renegade II
December 18th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Danimal and I just did a pre run today, 6-8" of snow on the ground, Lots of snow laiden branches and small to medium size trees hanging into the trails.

On a side note, anyone going on our Friday run should expect tree scratches and a good possibility of body damage :lmao:

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq28/jeepguru/IMG_0183.jpg

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq28/jeepguru/IMG_0181.jpg

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq28/jeepguru/IMG_0182.jpg

MrsRedRuby
December 19th, 2010, 12:58 AM
Outstanding..........I am guessing you posted the pictures because those dents weren't there when you started. Looking forward to some good times cuz it has been one disaster at this house after another. Have to get away and have some fun and forget working on my money pit of a home. Steve says if I drive on the trail I can't put any dents in the jeep....boo hoo for him but might be worth it. See you there :wave:

Renegade II
December 19th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Nope, those dents weren't there before we left the parking lot. We found a real tight, off camber trail that we went on because it was within the "cross country travel" zone of the scramble area. We found that doing the trail in any 4x4 is kind of like trying to take a Peterbuilt down a deer run :lmao:

Renegade II
December 19th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Almost forgot this one :lmao:

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq28/jeepguru/IMG_0194.jpg

danimal
December 19th, 2010, 03:55 PM
said peterbuilt made it down that deer run tho
after getting home I also noticed the antenna and the mirror did not fair so well:lmao:

WhiteRhino
December 20th, 2010, 07:24 AM
Mike,
When you get towards the south end on that trail, it drops down into a nice valley. Since it is cross country legal, consider going left or right and then climbing the ridge to the south.:thumb:

danimal
December 20th, 2010, 02:05 PM
I think I might know where you think we are but I think we are not in the same place as you think we are therefore I think we might have a surprise trail so the area you think we are is still a good idea so I think we should try that also

lgottler
December 20th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Can I pay via Paypal? I separated my "jeep" funds from my general funds and don't have checks.

Renegade II
December 20th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Mike,
When you get towards the south end on that trail, it drops down into a nice valley. Since it is cross country legal, consider going left or right and then climbing the ridge to the south.:thumb:

This trail was way south of the ridge that's near the fire road, it's a train wreck of a trail. There was only forward or back with trees right up to the side of the deep cut trail. This will be run on our Friday 'body damage' run.

Another thing we found out, the rocks were about impossible with snow on them.

WhiteRhino
December 21st, 2010, 07:09 AM
Is your trail the ATV trail or a different one?

RE the rocks.......... well............ look at the rigs you're driving. LOL

danimal
December 21st, 2010, 05:37 PM

OH SNAP!!!!

Renegade II
December 21st, 2010, 08:48 PM

Looking at the DNR map compared to GPS tracks it starts on the ATV then leaves it to the south then comes back into it before Carter Lake Rd.

Ya, your right about the rocks. We were in Dan's Cherokee

OH SNAP!!!!

Hey, it's your ride he's dissing :lmao:

danimal
December 21st, 2010, 10:57 PM
Hey, it's your ride he's dissing :lmao:

I know but what am I gonna say.....nana nana boo boo I got round headlights and you don't.....

lgottler
December 23rd, 2010, 10:30 PM
Still wondering if I dropped my form in the mail at work for nothing - hope there is room.

Renegade II
December 23rd, 2010, 10:52 PM
Still wondering if I dropped my form in the mail at work for nothing - hope there is room.

Four spots left as of today!

Renegade II
December 28th, 2010, 10:32 PM
Looks like upper 30's to 40° and rain up there on Fri & Sat, with temps well below freezing at night and after Saturday it should get pretty icy. Hope it doesn't bring too many trees down, there were plenty that dropped in the way with just a little snow on them.

Only 30 Days away!

hemrides
December 29th, 2010, 10:53 AM
My wife and I wanted to make this so we could meet folks in the club. I have a network upgrade starting Friday night, 01/28 @ 19:00 and it ends Monday morning, 01/31, @ 10:00.

lgottler
January 4th, 2011, 10:06 PM

Still wondering if I'm in or not. I'd like to reserve a room for the night if I am, otherwise I'm heading up Sunday for the meeting. Do we get an email? mail?

shawn
January 4th, 2011, 10:25 PM
PM Leah, she can let you know were we stand. I thought we had a couple more spots still.

Kixx007
January 5th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Still wondering if I'm in or not. I'd like to reserve a room for the night if I am, otherwise I'm heading up Sunday for the meeting. Do we get an email? mail?

You're good. :thumb: You should have received an email.

Renegade II
January 5th, 2011, 05:03 PM
I see that there's still the banner on GL4x4 saying "one spot left." We need to see "Sold Out!"

lgottler
January 9th, 2011, 06:51 PM
PM Leah, she can let you know were we stand. I thought we had a couple more spots still.

I didn't find a member with the name, different screen name? Thanks!

WhiteRhino
January 9th, 2011, 07:05 PM
sweetleah on gl4x4

danimal
January 9th, 2011, 07:05 PM
I didn't find a member with the name, different screen name? Thanks!

try "sweetleah" or "ridindirty"

:lmao:Jim beat me to it...I've been told I am a little slow

lgottler
January 9th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Ok, thanks, sent a PM over there. I get confused with multiple threads on different sites!

shawn
January 10th, 2011, 10:49 PM
SweetLeah here too.

MrsRedRuby
January 11th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Counting down the days till the big event............if Steve doesn't get his cast off of his right foot I get to drive. But the fuddy duddy says if I put a dent in it I will have to pay for it. He sees the doc on the 18th............not sure if I want the cast off.............he he

Jarhead
January 11th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Counting down the days till the big event............if Steve doesn't get his cast off of his right foot I get to drive. But the fuddy duddy says if I put a dent in it I will have to pay for it. He sees the doc on the 18th............not sure if I want the cast off.............he he

That's just to funny :lmao:

Kixx007
January 13th, 2011, 09:17 AM
try "sweetleah" or "ridindirty"

:lmao:Jim beat me to it...I've been told I am a little slow

I'm not sure if I should hate you or love you right now.

Either way. This post was awesome.

Ridin Dirty
January 13th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Huh?

Chuck
January 13th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Hello folks,
I just joined your website. I live in Armada and would llike to know if there is room for one more Jeep in the SnoFari. Sounds like fun!!

Renegade II
January 13th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Hello folks,
I just joined your website. I live in Armada and would llike to know if there is room for one more Jeep in the SnoFari. Sounds like fun!!

Still says 1 spot left on the GL4x4 banner, better act quick to get it. Last spot thread ---> http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=196314

Renegade II
January 14th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Sold out!

shawn
January 14th, 2011, 06:54 PM
WOOHOOOOO!!!!!!

MrsRedRuby
January 20th, 2011, 10:33 PM
:wah::wah: HELP!!!!!!! Here it is a week away and the stupid engine light is once again coming on. They said it is an electrical problem and it won't let the computer connect and read the error code. Their best bet is there is a wire broken or shorted out or whatever but said the only way to find it is test each wire so depending on how fast they find the problem it could take an hour or 10 hours at a measley $100 an hour!!!! Anyone have any cheaper suggestions? I am ready to cry and Steve is just plain mad. Should we say screw it and just come anyway and ignore it??????? :banghead:

shawn
January 21st, 2011, 11:14 PM
I say ignore it.

Renegade II
January 22nd, 2011, 06:29 AM
If it's running good, has oil pressure & is charging I'd drive it. Generally the light will flash on and off at you if it's anything real bad. If I had a penny for every mile I've put on a vehicle that had an illuminated 'check engine light' I could have retired somewhere around 1988.

MrsRedRuby
January 22nd, 2011, 03:17 PM
thanks guys......those are my feelings too. now to get Steve to see it my way. :thumb: he is bummed because he can't drive and I get to do offroading for the first time. between him and the jeep I think they are conspiring to keep me from behind the wheel. :lmao:

NightKrawler
January 24th, 2011, 01:14 AM
Pic of mrsredruby from last year
http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss167/nightkrawler71/Snofari%202010/Snofari%202010%20Coreys%20pics/P1090151.jpg

NightKrawler
January 24th, 2011, 01:15 AM
One more of MrsRedRuby
http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss167/nightkrawler71/Snofari%202010%20MP/IMG_0496.jpg

Brian81CJ
January 24th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Well, if it makes you feel better, my Check Engine light is on now too... And it's probably still going to be on Saturday!!

WhiteRhino
January 24th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Bring it. The worst you can do it win the SoBroke award.:lmao:

Renegade II
January 25th, 2011, 10:37 AM
For the attendees; Who plans to be there and ready to hit the trails Friday am?