August 31st, 2010, 08:02 PM
ME too + To Be Determined, so stand by

THANKS Trolls!

Greenway
August 31st, 2010, 08:44 PM
Me, me, me.

todd20318
September 1st, 2010, 06:35 AM
Count me in + 1. Cant wait for the ride...

T-way
September 1st, 2010, 09:50 PM
Looking forward to seeing a bunch of you there! Should be a great time this year, as I know that Dusty is going to put together a great ride!

bmpxj
September 2nd, 2010, 12:27 PM
I think I might actually be able to make it to this. Will post for sure later.

dustyxj
September 2nd, 2010, 08:56 PM
The more the merrier, I am going out tomorow to pre-run the trail and get it down on my gps...

DieselMTU
September 3rd, 2010, 08:25 AM
me plus one

dustyxj
September 3rd, 2010, 08:57 PM
Just got home from doing my pre-run. The trail is about 43 miles long, and took me about 3.5 hours to run. Fourwheel drive will be required this year. It's a bit more challenging this year due to some of the trails having large washouts in them. It starts at the Gas station, and ends at the Indian River orv trailhead....

can't wait to see everyone there. :thumb:

Oh yeah, and I almost forgot HOT DOGS and all the fixins for lunch.... :woot:

rtikql8
September 6th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Anyone camping at Chandler Hill Campground? We are thinking of staying there so at the lunch break we can, leave some little passegers behind so they don't have to be strapped in a car seat all day.

Where is the quarterly in relation to Chandler Hill Campground, I would like to try and make it there as well.

DDS4X4
September 6th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Sunday's Quarterly meeting will be held at the Dam Site Inn Restaurant, about 1-2 miles south of Pellston on US 31, then east on Woodland Rd, watch for the sign or look for Pam!

Greenway
September 6th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Where is the quarterly in relation to Chandler Hill Campground, I would like to try and make it there as well.

DSI is about 20 miles north of the campground.

dustyxj
September 6th, 2010, 08:47 PM
If you call to make reservations at the campground let them know you heard about their campground thru this site, and the trolls fall color tour. That way the owners know we are bringing in a little business... LOL the owners are real nice people.

T-way
September 7th, 2010, 11:47 PM
Yeah.....tell 'em the Trolls sent ya!!!

:troll::troll::troll::troll:

Roadhouse
September 8th, 2010, 03:24 PM
So like in past years is this still suitable for stock 4x4's? I guess I should say stock 3/4ton Suburban......not stock Rubicon JK lol

Renegade II
September 8th, 2010, 08:00 PM
So like in past years is this still suitable for stock 4x4's? I guess I should say stock 3/4ton Suburban......not stock Rubicon JK lol

x2, If we can make it we'd be bringing a bone stocker.

dustyxj
September 9th, 2010, 12:16 AM
should be fine for stockers as long as your not running slicks..... and don't mind a couple small scratches from tree branches. The suburban might be interesting on one section of trail... but if it's too tight I can get you around it to meet back up with us no problem.

Roadhouse
September 9th, 2010, 08:00 AM
x2, If we can make it we'd be bringing a bone stocker.

Ya your stocker is on 37's with a 12k winch tho'...lol.

My Suburban is already scratched up so no problem there :)

danimal
September 9th, 2010, 02:38 PM
so far it looks like Diane and I will be going :thumb:...I think I even talked her into taking HER Jeep ..so that means I will be on my best behavior:ahhh:

T-way
September 9th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Holy Crap Roadhouse!!! I'm not sure I'll even recognize you if you show up!!!!!

Hope you can make it!!

:ahhh:

Brian81CJ
September 15th, 2010, 07:38 AM
We will be there! Just not sure where to stay yet...

There will be 5 of us

Jarhead
September 15th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Holy Crap Roadhouse!!! I'm not sure I'll even recognize you if you show up!!!!!

Hope you can make it!!

X2

Renegade II
September 16th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Ya your stocker is on 37's with a 12k winch tho'...lol.

My Suburban is already scratched up so no problem there :)

But your ride is narrow compared to mine, I better bring lopping shears and a saw :lmao:

so far it looks like Diane and I will be going :thumb:...I think I even talked her into taking HER Jeep ..so that means I will be on my best behavior:ahhh:

Gotta get that first dent in it some time :thumb:

T-way
September 16th, 2010, 08:13 PM
We will be there! Just not sure where to stay yet...

There will be 5 of us

Brian it will be great to see you again!!

Your best bet for lodging is probably in either Gaylord (12 miles from start) or Petoskey (about 20 miles away, but closer to the next days meeting site in Pellston).

Jarhead
September 16th, 2010, 08:39 PM
The 2010 color tour will be on October 9th, the day before the fall quarterly meeting. We will meet at the gas station on the corner of us131 and m32 near elmira again this year, and will depart at about 10:00am...

Citgo
2400 N US-131
Elmira, MI 49730
231-546-2040

Brian81CJ
September 17th, 2010, 06:31 AM
Brian it will be great to see you again!!

Your best bet for lodging is probably in either Gaylord (12 miles from start) or Petoskey (about 20 miles away, but closer to the next days meeting site in Pellston).

I'm looking forward to it Tim! It's been a long time since I've seen my Troll friends!! We're going to stay at the Chandler Hill Campground, looks like it shouldn't be too long of a drive on pavement to get to the meeting spot...

Washingtonian
September 22nd, 2010, 04:15 PM
I'm all set to go, staying the night before at Chandler Hill. Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Administrator
September 22nd, 2010, 05:36 PM
The 2010 color tour will be on October 9th, the day before the fall quarterly meeting. We will meet at the gas station on the corner of us131 and m32 near elmira again this year, and will depart at about 10:00am. We will be making a lunch stop near thumb lake at a Chandler Hill Campground, this year our lunch stop will have a small store for munchies and also RESTROOMS.. LOL

More details to follow shortly, but I wanted to get this posted up so people could plan ahead to attend. Since they don't have the "who's attending" app up on the new site yet, please post up if your planning on attending and how many people will be with you.

Thanks,
Dusty

if you have any questions please feel free to PM dustyxj or timbercruiser for info.

Renegade II
September 22nd, 2010, 08:49 PM
Looks like the RSVP feature is back up! http://www.glfwda.org/showthread.php?10746-Trolls-Fall-Color-Tour-2010&p=60541

dustyxj
September 22nd, 2010, 11:21 PM
Okay then... everyone post up at that link if they will be there and how many people.. LOL that makes it easier to get a head count.

T-way
September 23rd, 2010, 08:26 AM
We'll look forward to seeing you there Washingtonian!!!

:thumb:

Be sure to come up and introduce yourself! It gets a little hectic sometimes trying to get a chance to say "hi" to everyone!

And like Dusty said....PLEASE post up with how many people you will have total with you. I have to buy the hot dogs.....if you don't RSVP, you might not get any!!!

:lmao:

Renegade II
October 4th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Only 5 days away. Hope nothing goes to crud for us at the last minute, I need a get away!

Capt_Nemo
October 5th, 2010, 04:54 PM
I plan to be there.
Dan

T-way
October 5th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Current weather forecast for Saturday is calling for highs in the 60's (possibly 70), and sunny!

Should be a great day!!

timbercruiser
October 5th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Colors are peaking!!! Bring your cameras.

Trail_Fanatic
October 5th, 2010, 11:34 PM
Looking forward to it!
Met Dusty yesterday at the Warner's Cover Chapel Rebuild.

GREAT Guy!
He did an AWESOME job with the constriction of the chapel too!

See you all in a few days!

danimal
October 6th, 2010, 07:17 AM
looks like a group of us from the tri-cities area will be meeting at the Shell/Mcdonalds on M30 and US10 near Sanford. We will be leaving there at 7:15-7:30 saturday morning if anyone wants to tag along we usually run channel 4 on the cb's

Renegade II
October 6th, 2010, 08:08 AM
looks like a group of us from the tri-cities area will be meeting at the Shell/Mcdonalds on M30 and US10 near Sanford. We will be leaving there at 7:15-7:30 saturday morning if anyone wants to tag along we usually run channel 4 on the cb's.

todd20318
October 6th, 2010, 09:00 PM
I will be leaving the Saint Clair Shores (Detroit) area about 12ish on Friday. I will be on channel 4 also if anybody wants to convoy up!!

Renegade II
October 6th, 2010, 10:24 PM
My new ECM & waste gate got shipped ground instead of next day air by mistake

......from Washington state

........and instead of being here today

..........will be here mid next week.

Sometimes I think the world is conspiring against me going wheeling more than once this year :sad:

Driving a 40 year old CJ5 350+ miles in a day doesn't sound too fun, maybe we'll bring the Cummins :lol:

Jarhead
October 7th, 2010, 07:40 AM

Sometimes I think the world is conspiring against me going wheeling more than once this year :sad:

Driving a 40 year old CJ5 350+ miles in a day doesn't sound too fun, maybe we'll bring the Cummins :lol:

Hot Coffee and Warm Cookies on the trail...COOL!

danimal
October 7th, 2010, 10:06 AM

you can take my Cherokee:thumb:

Renegade II
October 7th, 2010, 10:25 AM

you can take my Cherokee:thumb:

Cherokee ≠ Sarah :lmao:

danimal
October 7th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Cherokee ≠ Sarah :lmao:

What....its got a nice comfy seat, a seat belt, and an oh#@&% handle! There is even a transistor radio in the ammo box for tunes

T-way
October 7th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Current weather forecast for Saturday:

Sunny with highs in the 60s and 70s. No rain.

TV is reporting that colors are at peak right now!!!

dustyxj
October 8th, 2010, 08:42 AM
heading out shortly to do my final pre-run and make sure there are no supprises tomorow.. nothing would suck more than having to turn around 30+ vehicles in the woods.. LOL Looks like the weather is going to be AWESOME this year... can't wait to see you all there...... we will have a guest book again this year, don't forget to sign it so we can contact you next year :thumb:

Thanks,
Dusty and the trolls :troll:

T-way
October 9th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Well we had a great day with about 48 vehicles and over 100 of our friends show up for the Color Tour!!!!

One hundred and fifty-six hot dogs, som mud, dust, and lots of sunshine and leaves later......it was a GREAT time!!

My hat's off to Dusty for all of his hard work to put this together, and to all of my fellow TROLLS for coming together for yet another great Color Tour!

It was great to see so many old friends, and so many new ones too!!

:troll::thumb::troll::thumb::troll::thumb:

DDS4X4
October 9th, 2010, 10:29 PM
x2 :thumb:

THANKS to all the Trolls for another FANTASTIC vent :yourock:

Renegade II
October 9th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Q & I had a great time! Thanks Trolls :thumb:

danimal
October 10th, 2010, 10:20 AM
:thumb: great day and a great time!! thankyou Trolls and Dusty.

DDS4X4
October 10th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Oh yea, Dusty did a good job of finding at least 1 "dusty trail" so we would remember his "user name"

Jarhead
October 10th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Looking forward to next year!!!

Trail_Fanatic
October 10th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Looking forward to next year!!!

Oh yea!

x 1,000,000!

Thank you Trolls!
It was great to finally get to put faces with so many names at one time and meet a few new ones too!
Also a BIG TIME thanks for supporting GLFWDA and having us out to join you for such a fun time.

Lunch was darned tasty too!
(and we couldn't beat the price, lol)

dustyxj
October 11th, 2010, 08:02 PM
we are always glad to host our fellow wheelers for a ride thru the woods.... and lunch is always better when your out wheelin with friends...

dustyxj
November 16th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Thanks doug for the great article in the ufwda e-news for october...:yourock:

DDS4X4
November 16th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Glad you finally got to read it.
Peter did switch some pictures around ... but maybe since he is in New Zealand, some were upside down in his world. HA!

dustyxj
November 18th, 2010, 02:38 PM
lol.... we just need to get this in the boondocker when it gets back up and running...

DDS4X4
November 20th, 2010, 09:11 AM
I keep sending stuff ...
I believe I even corrected the Organizer error.
Thanks DUSTY!