PDA

View Full Version : New Guy Here From Michigan

Washingtonian
September 21st, 2010, 08:08 AM
Hi everyone recently moved here from Washington (state) and looking for some groups to hit the trails with on the weekends. I drive a FJ that doubles as my daily driver and trail car so nothing too extreme as far as mods go, yet.

Hope to see you guys out there.
-Joe

T-way
September 21st, 2010, 08:41 AM
Welcome Joe! Nice to see you here!

There are lots of wheelers here, and there's something going on all of the time!

Check out the Trolls Fall Color Tour thread in the "Events" forum. It's FREE!!! And it's not extreme, so your stock FJ will do just fine!

:wave:

Brian81CJ
September 21st, 2010, 09:10 AM
:wave: Welcome!

Renegade II
September 21st, 2010, 11:29 AM
Hello & welcome :wave:

Trail_Fanatic
September 21st, 2010, 12:54 PM
Hallo Joe!

I think T-Way hit it on the head.
Come on out to the Color Tour.
It'd be nice to meet you.

Jarhead
September 21st, 2010, 01:26 PM
:wave: Hello and Welcome Aboard!

The Troll's Fall Color Tour would be a great chance to meet a few of us.

Washingtonian
September 21st, 2010, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys. The ride sounds nice, I'll try my best to be there.

DDS4X4
September 22nd, 2010, 02:00 AM
WELCOME

I have a brother in WA State, he is located on the Sound.

OldSailor
September 22nd, 2010, 03:03 AM
Welcome aboard, Joe!

My parents had a farm in Washington State for about 15 years in the sixties and early seventies. My mother counted fish in the bowels of Chief Joseph Dam to supplement their income. It was in a rural area about halfway between two small towns, Bridgeport and Brewster. Beautiful country, and a hellova lot of snow in the winter. I remember my Dad had to raise the antenna on his station wagon and tie a red flag on it because the snow completely covered it during the winter, and he didn't want to hit it with the tractor. After some snow storms, he had to go into town on his Ford Farmall wheel tractor until the roads were cleared. One winter, even that wasn't enough, so he had to drive the little Caterpillar D2 out of the barn to make headway on the roads!

phittie1100
September 22nd, 2010, 06:54 AM
Hi Joe :wave:

Washingtonian
September 22nd, 2010, 04:21 PM
Welcome aboard, Joe!

My parents had a farm in Washington State for about 15 years in the sixties and early seventies. My mother counted fish in the bowels of Chief Joseph Dam to supplement their income. It was in a rural area about halfway between two small towns, Bridgeport and Brewster. Beautiful country, and a hellova lot of snow in the winter. I remember my Dad had to raise the antenna on his station wagon and tie a red flag on it because the snow completely covered it during the winter, and he didn't want to hit it with the tractor. After some snow storms, he had to go into town on his Ford Farmall wheel tractor until the roads were cleared. One winter, even that wasn't enough, so he had to drive the little Caterpillar D2 out of the barn to make headway on the roads!

That does sound like a lot of snow. I never had that much while living there though my dad did have to use the tractor to plow the drive way once.