View Full Version : New state owned Park in New Hampshire

Nvrenuf
January 22nd, 2006, 09:25 PM
This would be awesome if we could get some old mines/pits turned into a park.

Click here for Link (http://www.courant.com/travel/hc-atvpark.artjan22,0,5287815.story?coll=hc-headlines-travel)

Creative Fab
January 22nd, 2006, 09:58 PM
Steve thanks for posting, and so quickly I might add! (we just got back from a meeting)

This needs to be copied and pasted everywhere we can. This gets folks fired up about getting MI to look at doing the same as we have several old mining and gravel pit locations that are sitting idle and would be perfect for this kind of activity.

We should barrage Governer Granholm with this story and tell her we will stop sending it to her when she gives the OK for such a park.

The State already owns an abandoned quarry in Alpena, however it is fenced!

I smell a letter writing campaign :bigemo_harabe_net-58:

joe_jeep
January 31st, 2006, 09:47 AM
they make no mention of full size groups because they are an atv only park!!! i dont own a quad so im not welcome there. good idea, i still support the idea of offroad parks for other sportsmen. but i think it could be dual use. is my jeep gonna cause more erosion than a quad?? am i gonna kill more endangered plants than a quad?? am i gonna ruin the habitat of the great red horned snipe more than a quad?? im glad they got a park to use but cheeses me off i cant!!

SKIP
January 31st, 2006, 12:06 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ironman &#064; Jan 22 2006, 09&#58;58 PM) 8727</div>

Steve thanks for posting, and so quickly I might add&#33; (we just got back from a meeting)

This needs to be copied and pasted everywhere we can. This gets folks fired up about getting MI to look at doing the same as we have several old mining and gravel pit locations that are sitting idle and would be perfect for this kind of activity.

We should barrage Governer Granholm with this story and tell her we will stop sending it to her when she gives the OK for such a park.

The State already owns an abandoned quarry in Alpena, however it is fenced&#33;

I smell a letter writing campaign :bigemo_harabe_net-58:
[/b]

Pat, can you post some of the information about this place again???

I remember it being brought up in the past & was really disappointed nothing was ever realized.
What were the barriers they kept throwing up when we told them what we wanted to use it?