PDA

View Full Version : St. Helen Motorpsort Area *ROCKS*

Creative Fab
July 27th, 2010, 02:46 PM
We had our pre-construction meeting for the rock courses at the Motorsport area yesterday. Construction is expected to begin in the next few weeks!

What to expect:

Entry level rock course

Ledge/stair step course

Pipe course like what is found at the Mounds

2 large rock courses with one 100' long run and another run at 50'

All of these courses are in a "bowl" with multiple uphill sand shoots in which the obstacles will be built.

This has been a lengthy process as 5 years has passed since I first sat on the MSA advisory board representing GLFWDA, so to say I am happy to see it come to fruition would be an understatement.

This is another example of what your state 4WD Association does on your behalf! Support The Sport!

DieselMTU
July 27th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Very cool. It will be just another place to go and try to ride for a couple hours, get my fix in, then go back to the cabin

Creative Fab
July 27th, 2010, 05:30 PM
We also have the opportunity to add more rocks to this project.

48 ton minimum at $1,740 which is a full rock pan with pup.

We will be setting up a paypal donation address soon.

Trail_Fanatic
July 27th, 2010, 05:36 PM
That's FANTASTIC!

Thank you for your service!
I'm sure that without it we would either get nothing at all or a very reduced experience.

lgottler
July 30th, 2010, 09:30 PM
I would be thrilled if the GLFWDA logo was on a board as helping get this on the ground....

Jarhead
July 31st, 2010, 09:26 AM
There will be a kiosk at the location. Hoping to be a part of it.

http://www.glfwda.org/showthread.php?10668-Donations-for-additonal-rocks-at-the-St-Helen-MSA-are-now-being-accepted&p=59946#post59946

phittie1100
September 14th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Finally got the call from DNRE staff to send a check - they are still working on the contract modifications, so work has not started just yet BUT they set up the donor account for us, and need our check before the end of the month. Paige sounded enthusiastic about finally getting the project moving again, so looks like we are finally going to see some rocks.

lgottler
September 15th, 2010, 08:47 PM
excellent