PDA

View Full Version : Couple of hiccups...

JerryD
July 22nd, 2010, 02:00 PM
Hi Kevin -

Occasionally I'm getting this error along the top...

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: sub_expirations in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3984

I've seen it a few times, and it's not repetitive, but I haven't explored it to see if it's easily reproducible. Just an FYI on that.

The other thing is that when I tried accessing successive pages in this (http://www.glfwda.org/showthread.php?5122-MMMMM-HAM....) thread, I get a 403 error:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /showthread.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

BTW, I like the new format and look forward to the evolution. :thumb:

phittie1100
July 22nd, 2010, 06:01 PM
I have been poking around for a couple of days and have found some links missing, but figured those would be populated in due time. I have not experienced the fetch_template thingy, but I get the same error message in the Ham thread in Jerry's post.

I would like to voice my disapproval at the disappearance of the "Forum TOC" - just as I figured out what "TOC" meant, you made it go away!

Actually, I like the new layout and the new feel, just going to take some getting used to.

Administrator
July 22nd, 2010, 11:08 PM
Hi Kevin -

Occasionally I'm getting this error along the top...

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: sub_expirations in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3984

I've seen it a few times, and it's not repetitive, but I haven't explored it to see if it's easily reproducible. Just an FYI on that.

This was caused by a plugin that I hadn't disabled. It probably doesn't work with this new version. I have disabled it so you shouldn't see it any more.

The other thing is that when I tried accessing successive pages in this (http://www.glfwda.org/showthread.php?5122-MMMMM-HAM....) thread, I get a 403 error:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /showthread.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

This was actually caused by the thread title. When you go to another page, it is displayed as "MMMMM-HAM..../page2". In the computer world, "../" means one directory up, so the link ends up not being found. I've edited the title to remove the periods and it seems to work now.

Thanks for helping debug!

Trail_Fanatic
July 23rd, 2010, 05:24 AM
As long as we're helpin out, I noticed that you might want to take a look at the new Blog page too.
Looks like it's being filled with spam.

Also (Not really a debugging thing) the old format had a button in a drop-down menu of the search function that allowed a user to list the topics that had been updated over the last day. Any chance of bringing that one back? I found it very useful when I'd stopped in for a second and see posts to reply to without having time right then. I could come back later and still separate out those threads using that button because they were no longer "new" threads or posts, but had been updated in the last 24 hours.

Jarhead
July 23rd, 2010, 08:58 AM
As long as we're helpin out, I noticed that you might want to take a look at the new Blog page too.

Thanks, cleaned it up this morning.

Also (Not really a debugging thing) the old format had a button in a drop-down menu of the search function that allowed a user to list the topics that had been updated over the last day. Any chance of bringing that one back? I found it very useful when I'd stopped in for a second and see posts to reply to without having time right then. I could come back later and still separate out those threads using that button because they were no longer "new" threads or posts, but had been updated in the last 24 hours.

Left Side, Right Under the Home Button on my page has "New Posts" that will get you to where you want to go or are you talking about the Forum TOC (Table of Contents) page?

Jeeperz-Creeperz
July 23rd, 2010, 10:48 AM

I'll take a look at that, but as far as I can tell you need to register to create an entry.

I've added this under "Forum Actions". You can select this from the forum main page (where the different forums are displayed).

phittie1100
July 23rd, 2010, 12:57 PM
Thanks again Kevin for getting all of the upgrades completed and ironing out all of the bugs - we appreciate your time and efforts!

Trail_Fanatic
July 23rd, 2010, 05:45 PM
Left Side, Right Under the Home Button on my page has "New Posts" that will get you to where you want to go or are you talking about the Forum TOC (Table of Contents) page?

I've added this under "Forum Actions". You can select this from the forum main page (where the different forums are displayed).

Thanks Kevin!
That's the one. :thumb:

Bob, take a look under "Forum Actions" and you'll see a new "Today's Posts" button. That's the one I was looking for. It will go back 24 hours instead of just since your last log in.

DDS4X4
July 26th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Thanks Kevin!
Unfortunately for the rest of you, I am finally back.
Now which of you Admin's want to own up to blocking my IP address??
HA!

Trail_Fanatic
July 26th, 2010, 09:02 PM
If I only knew how!

:lmao:

phittie1100
July 27th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Thanks Kevin!
HA!

darn trouble makers!

Jarhead
July 27th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Thanks Kevin!
HA!

If I only knew how!

:lmao:

I am probably the one that blocked it in my attempt to gain you access...I use reverse psychology on my kids all the time with measurable success (notice I said measurable, I did not say whether that measure was good or bad).

Ridin Dirty
August 6th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Is there a way to make the tailgate reports page a bit larger so you don't have to scroll back and forth to read it and answer the questions? Just a thought. Not a huge deal, but kind of a pain.

Jeeperz-Creeperz
August 6th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Is there a way to make the tailgate reports page a bit larger so you don't have to scroll back and forth to read it and answer the questions? Just a thought. Not a huge deal, but kind of a pain.

What's your screen resolution?

Ridin Dirty
August 6th, 2010, 01:15 PM
What's your screen resolution?

1024x768

This is what I'm talking about.....

http://www.glfwda.org/content.php?40-tailgate-report

Jeeperz-Creeperz
August 10th, 2010, 10:28 AM
1024x768

This is what I'm talking about.....

http://www.glfwda.org/content.php?40-tailgate-report

It displays properly on my screen, but I'm at 1440x900.

I'll work on it to see if I can't get it to display properly at lower resolutions.

Jeeperz-Creeperz
August 12th, 2010, 01:12 PM
This should be taken care of now!

Let me know how it looks.

Ridin Dirty
August 13th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Looks perfect now! Thanks. :thumb: