PDA

View Full Version : CONGRATULATIONS Mr. PRESIDENT

DDS4X4
July 6th, 2010, 07:51 PM
I guess I have been remiss in NOT announcing the new PRESIDENT of United Four Wheel Drive Associations is our own Jim Mazzola!

THANKS for stepping up Jim and leading our cause at a National/International level. :woot:

Now it is his time for more :soap: or :banghead: or :ahhh:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Sorry Mr. President ... we are behind you.
Support the Sport

One picture is a video conference with International VP Peter Varhy from New Zealand.

Trail_Fanatic
July 6th, 2010, 09:29 PM
CONGRATULATIOINS JIM!
:woot::thumb::woot:
:yourock:

phittie1100
July 6th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Congratulations Jim!

oz97tj
July 7th, 2010, 12:23 AM
Wow. Cool! Thanks Jim!

sumpter1
July 7th, 2010, 07:16 AM
Great job!!!

Renegade II
July 7th, 2010, 07:48 AM
:thumb:

WhiteRhino
July 7th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Jim,
Not sure if congrats or condolences are in order.:lmao:

I think you'll do an outstanding job. You are one of the most tenacious people I have ever met and I'm sure you'll pour your heart into it. I wish you great success.

You ever need to vent or ramble, you know the number.:blahblah:

Jim

Jarhead
July 7th, 2010, 11:44 AM
:woot::woot:
Jim :yourock:
:woot::woot:

Creative Fab
July 7th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Jim,

I know UFWDA is very important to you and we can all rest assured that you will do what is just and right for everyone in our sport. Congratulations!

Greenway
July 7th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Way to go Jim!

Any truth to the rumor that one of the reasons you took the United job is to get Bob off your back to replace him?:D

Jarhead
July 8th, 2010, 09:05 AM
:ninja:
Way to go Jim!

Any truth to the rumor that one of the reasons you took the United job is to get Bob off your back to replace him?:D:ninja:
:eek2:

Evil Queen
July 8th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Awesome! Congrats to you Jim!!!

WhiteRhino
July 8th, 2010, 08:52 PM
So where is our fearless leader?

DDS4X4
July 8th, 2010, 11:14 PM
I believe the Great White Freight Liner, with Red Tracker in tow, is on the road for a much needed "trail ride" fix! Like maybe Virginia??

PICS failed???

At least your time IN CANADA seemed to go better ... maybe it is trying to tell you to STAY??

Be SAFE out there!

kb8ymf
July 9th, 2010, 12:55 AM
I just have one question.............WHY does there have to be a dang story that accompanies every friggin event I go to!
With the UFWDA AGM it was getting 35,000# of Moby Dick mired up to the frame rails at the campground and taking nearly 3 hours to get it back on high ground. Oh, and let's not forget the ride home.....or should I say the STOP at Customs on the way back.....The truck has been thourghly X-rayed for hidden rocket launchers and ICBM's. The bomb and drug sniffing dogs got their exercise also. Customs officials considered their 2 hour job a success when one official emerged from the motorhome dangling 3 golfball size oranges with his latex gloved hand proclaiming these were NOT allowed to be transported into the U.S. I told him these were NOT foreign Canadian organges but rather good 'ole home grown oranges from Walmart in West Branch, Mi. that we purchased 1 week ago with I had the reciept for. He could care less, his mission was a success and he was bound and determined to not let his accomplishment go unnoticed by his superiors.

Thank you Garmin! You blooming idiots!.....Jump off I-80 and right on a one and a half lane goat path called I-250. The river road into State Line campground in Tellico was a better road than this dam thing. Nothing I could do except forge ahead. Plenty of drivers letting me know I was NUMBER 1 in their book! Not a lot you can do when any section of straight road was as rare as a snowflake in July. Next on the hit list was West Virginia and it starts with trailer troubles. Seems the drivers side rear wheel ejected the wheel bearing nut due to it only being retained by some stupid nut clips and not a cotter pin. Somewhere north of Pittsburg a helpfull trucker advised me that my rear wheel had a tad to much camber to it and I should take a look quickly. After bailing at the next exit @ Mt. Nebo Rd I was lucky enough to find a wide shoulder to work on it. A quick call to Bryce back home to find me a trailer place or a TSC where I could find replacement bearings. As luck would have it, a TSC was about 10 miles back up the road. After a hour trip up and back and good samaritian named Mike stopped by to help with the reinstall. Back on the road again. Pit stop at the local rest area as it was now to dark to continue to trip up to the mountain. Start fresh in the morning......nothing better to drag a day out than to miss your turn and find yourself 50 miles off course on the other side of the mountain after running up and over Cheat Mountain Pass and landing in Durbin, West Virginia. So who knows how to turn around 65 foot motorhome and trailer in a literal 1 horse town! Another 3 hours getting things turned around and back to where I missed my turn.
Thank goodness the rest of the trip was reasonabally uneventfull.
I wonder what's in store for my trip to P.A. Jeep Show next weekend.
j-kb8ymf

WhiteRhino
July 9th, 2010, 06:14 AM
Welcome back to the internet Jim.:lmao:

Just remember 2 things;
A bad day wheeling/on the road to go wheeling is better than a good day at work.
Happy wife = happy life.

So, as long as you aren't at work and your wife blames your mishaps on Karma and Garmin, smile in the mirror.:thumb: