PDA

View Full Version : United E-News January

Creative Fab
January 17th, 2006, 10:37 PM
http://www.ufwda.org/pdfs/Jan_06_E-news.pdf

Zookeeper
January 18th, 2006, 09:50 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ironman &#064; Jan 17 2006, 07&#58;37 PM) 8380</div>

http://www.ufwda.org/pdfs/Jan_06_E-news.pdf
[/b]

Should we think about having someone attend the March 18 seminar on advocacy...or can we touch base with them to get information after the fact if we can&#39;t attend?

Creative Fab
January 18th, 2006, 04:49 PM
It would be great if we could send someone there, I wish our budget were larger :BangHead:

Zookeeper
January 18th, 2006, 10:41 PM
Well, that&#39;s why I mentioned just touching base to gather info after the fact. Or maybe we contact them ahead of time and plead poverty and see if there&#39;s any sort of assistance available. :unsure:

Who&#39;s in the best position to make contact?

Creative Fab
January 19th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Mazzola knows the folks at United better than anyone&#33;

kb8ymf
January 19th, 2006, 11:39 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ironman &#064; Jan 19 2006, 11&#58;29 AM) 8540</div>

Mazzola knows the folks at United better than anyone&#33;
[/b]
There would not be any assistance available. Would most likely get more use out of the Land Use Conference usually in March or April, This might be the replacement for this this year. At the moment and under the budget and time constraints we have, we should plan on having a great representation @ Convention in Tenn this year. I would especially like the newer members to try and see if they can go, even if it&#39;s just for the Convention. Putting names with faces will help and everyone will gain some insight to how United functions.
j-kb8ymf

Zookeeper
January 20th, 2006, 12:31 AM
I sent an e-mail to John Stewart at UFWDA telling him of our plight and asking him to send us any information he can that we would receive at the seminar if we were able to afford sending an attendee.

DDS4X4
January 20th, 2006, 12:52 AM
What Jim M said X2&#33;

Also, as Ari said, contacting John S and asking him to forward us info is a good idea and won&#39;t cost anything.

The E-Board should put on the agenda to solict a volunteer to fill a contact position for GL Land Use/Environmental concerns. This was requested by United from each Association at last year&#39;s meeting, as mentioned in my report to GL at the October Quarterly. Perhaps now that we have the administrative positions filled, someone with an interest/experience in this area would like to offer their assistance???

Zookeeper
January 20th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Here is the reply I received from John Stewart at UFWDA:

-------
I will provide you with a copy of the "take-away" notes.

Believe me, I understand the issues of costs, budgets, and financial
situations.

I would like to extend an offer to attend your next annual meeting
and conduct an "in-house" seminar for you.

Also, UFWDA is investigating the technology requirements to present
seminars through the internet via a "webinar".

Naturally, UFWDA does have a few cost constraints. We are searching
for ways to assist our members and provide services at no or low cost
to our members. I am also looking into the possibility of grants to
help with funding.

With a little time for scheduling, we can work out details.
----------------------

:bigemo_harabe_net-64:

Creative Fab
January 22nd, 2006, 09:04 AM
Del Albright from Blue Ribbon Coalition has also offered to come to one of our meetings and conduct a land use seminar, the only problem is we would have to pay his way and his stay. I dont know if Mr. Stewart would require the same as I have never talked to him about it.

If we ever do find ourselves in a position to get either of these two to speak at one of our meetings we should do it&#33;

And we definately need to get this years UFWDA convention and trail ride on everyone&#39;s calender&#33; Wheeling in Tennesee is awsome&#33;

So who is going?

Zookeeper
January 22nd, 2006, 10:55 AM
I&#39;ll stay in touch with John to see what&#39;s involved with cost, etc. and if we need to host him in some way.

As for the convention, I&#39;m definitely interested in going, but scheduling may be an issue. I&#39;ll check into it for more details regarding timing, travel, cost, etc. and keep you posted on my plans.

DDS4X4
January 22nd, 2006, 09:39 PM
We&#39;re in and it&#39;s on our schedule.
I have been in email contact with Robert Fuller, UFWDA Membership Director from Southern FWDA, the hosts, about the schedule and places to stay. Making our reservations is next on my To Do List. His wife, Dei, is originally from Ohio so I sent her a Christmas gift with some decals showing Ohio, so don&#39;t be surprised if you see some GLFWDA and OJ stickers on a CJ8 Scrambler and RV with TN plates.

Jarhead
January 23rd, 2006, 06:37 AM
From the http://www.ufwda.org/ web site:

2006 Annual Convention&#33;
Mark your calendar&#33; The UFWDA Annual Conference will be held July 12-15, 2006 at Oakridge TN. Activities will include trail rides at Windrock and Tellico. More details will be posted soon.

I am wheeling Windrock in April. They have trails/terrain to suit just about anyone&#39;s liking:

http://www.coalcreekohv.com/

and for the Tellico fans:

http://www.sfwda.org/trails/tellico/