PDA

View Full Version : April Quarterly Meeting and Trail ride

kb8yxz
January 17th, 2006, 07:31 PM
I have not made the commitment just yet, but here's the info: Let me know if it's yeah or Nay:

Staying at: http://www.duneswaterfrontresort.com/

April rates are stay one night, second night in same room is free.

Catch is as follows:
1. Minimum or 10 rooms and the meeting room will only cost us $50.00
2. We can have hospitality room on Saturday night but must vacate by 11:00 pm due to Township restrictions on inhabitation of 4th floor after 11:00 pm, cost of room is another $50.00
3. Entire Facility is now NON-SMOKING
4. Looking into a Suite for Saturday night for Hospitality. Will report back on restrictions if any for 'out-of-facility' guests.

Other option which I have yet to check is Comfort Inn near the x-way. Farther away, Maybe not much difference. Should I check? or do we want to stay close the dunes?

jim - kb8ymf / wqee305 (GMRS)

WhiteRhino
January 17th, 2006, 08:41 PM
I am all for staying at the Waterfront. It is a great location.

I think we should pass on the hospitality suite. I think we can find somewhere to congrigate without spending extra $$$.

I wonder if they have a bonfire capability out by the water?????

If you firm it up, count me in for a room starting Friday night.

Jim

Zookeeper
January 17th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Count me in for room at the waterfront on Friday and Saturday night, too.

I agree we don't need to shell out extra $$ for the hospitality suite.

Creative Fab
January 17th, 2006, 09:03 PM
They do have a fire pit. weather permitting of course. I will have the GL easy up canopy in case we need it for something, maybe out on the dunes for a gathering place. It has 3 sides to keep some wind and rain out.

I am voting for this place as well! Lets do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PeteC
January 17th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Well, even if JoAnn can't make it, she is kicking me out for that weekend. It is already penned on the calender and locked on the PDA.

I vote for the Best Western and will commit to one room. Possibly a suite if we have the kids go with.

Staying close will allow participation with and for those that are camping nearby. If a bonfire happens, it would be better to have it close to the center of the action. Besides, if some adult beverages are consumed, most will be close to where they need to be. Walking does the body good.

Creative Fab
January 17th, 2006, 10:04 PM
And the lake is next to the fire pit, care for a swim? Enough of those adult beverages and I am sure we can get someone to go for a dip. :bigemo_harabe_net-40:

PeteC
January 17th, 2006, 10:11 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ironman &#064; Jan 17 2006, 10&#58;04 PM) 8374</div>

And the lake is next to the fire pit, care for a swim? Enough of those adult beverages and I am sure we can get someone to go for a dip. :bigemo_harabe_net-40:
[/b]

Kinda like Karaoke, ain&#39;t enough alchohol in existance. :bigemo_harabe_net-178: :bigemo_harabe_net-12:

DDS4X4
January 17th, 2006, 11:09 PM
We&#39;ll probably book 2 rooms, just waiting on March 1 ???

Yes, let&#39;s stay by the water and the dunes&#33;

Shakr
January 18th, 2006, 06:15 AM
Please count me in for a room for friday night and saturday night .

Jarhead
January 18th, 2006, 06:47 AM
Waiting on March 1&#33; :bigemo_harabe_net-110:

Creative Fab
January 18th, 2006, 09:08 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MuddyPaws &#064; Jan 17 2006, 10&#58;03 PM) 8423</div>

We&#39;ll be coming in friday, and leaving monday.

That joint got an indoor pool?
[/b]

YES&#33; and they dont allow Speedo&#39;s, so don&#39;t even think about it :bigemo_harabe_net-01:

Roadhouse
January 22nd, 2006, 06:08 PM
Jim, you can count me in for a room for both nights.

joe_jeep
January 28th, 2006, 03:01 AM
my wife and i are coming up friday night and leaving sunday am. we would vote for the dunes waterfront.

DID SOMEONE SAY ADULT BEVERAGES??? LOL